Wednesday 31 March 2010

Summer Project.







Before coming to Kingston everyone was given a summer project, based on the concept of space, which we could do with what we wanted. I really liked the idea of abandoned spaces. Houses that people have grown up in and experienced life, and how they are left afterwards like an empty shell of what once was. I chose to respond to this through photography something I have played around with during my foundation and thought this would be interesting to experiment with in the summer as its an easy way of expressing what I wanted to get across especially when the resources for making sculpture etc were not available. This is some of the imagery I collected when I spent a day looking for these spaces. Mainly from a abandoned barn and a old school house.

Underneath was a response to the markings on the door above. I really liked the idea of people touching a space and marking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment